Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Comparing Gnosticism to "Allegory of the Cave" to The Matrix

According to both of the readings of Gnosticism and Allegory of the Cave and the film The Matrix, both are symbolized as basic control over people. And that person in power is forcing others to believe and see only what that person in power wants them to see. As result, they all turn into slaves and prisoners. The prisoners never saw the real reality and has never been outside of the box. All of the readings and the film has the same problem and result. The only thing that was confusing to me was the readings of the Gnosticism and how I can relate it to the others. But, I think I got the basic idea of them all.

1 comment:

Usman said...

Yes, you did cover the basic stuff. I liek it. I guess, it took you a minute or two.